The community contributions and value of EERN assistance to Member agencies and their clients are outlined below.
In financial year 2018/2019:
- The EERN warehouse was open for 240 days
- Member agencies came to warehouse 2,084 times (8.5 per day open).
- Selected items range from complete set of furniture and softgoods for a household down to a toaster, jug or microwave oven, food parcels and/or personal hygiene parcels.
- EERN distributed over 2,090 electrical items including 196 refrigerators, 319 washing machines, 72 dryers, 211 vacuum cleaners, 186 microwave ovens and 272 televisions.
- Other items selected included 432 couches, 857 beds, 59 wardrobes and 387 food boxes.
- About 76 member agencies and their clients accessed the EERN warehouse each quarter.
- Three member agencies accessed the warehouse over 100 times with one using EERN to assist their clients 214 times.
For Christmas, over 300 hampers are assembled and distributed across priority Member agencies.
EERN is a leader in recycling good quality household goods and furniture.
- EERN volunteers collected 2048 lots of donated goods at an average of 8.5 pickups per day from the donors’ premises.
- Donated goods were also delivered directly to the warehouse.